Thursday, November 02, 2006

I love the nightime...


Today I discovered the website of Andy Frazer. It contains some fantastic examples of night photography.

Mostly, you need light to take photos. Mostly, at night there isn't very much. But if you leave the shutter open long enough, eventually enough light arrives to register as an image.

In the old film days this was rather hit or miss. I tried a few times, but after waiting to develop the film then finding out my guesses were way off and I had a lot of blank film, I gave it away.

Now, with digital, you can see your results as you go and adjust accordingly. I haven't got a masterpiece yet, but I have only had the one try. This is the lake across the way. Taken at about 8.45 pm using 10 seconds at f/8.

Visit Andy's site. http://www.gorillasites.com/nightphotos/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home