Thursday, July 12, 2007

Where Have I Been?

More than a month without Interface? I can hear your cries of despair. But don't worry, I am OK.

While I was away, the great Flickr censorship issue happened. Unfortunately, this resulted in a number of my contacts and people whose work I admire leaving. They have joined a new European site: ipernity. So far this site is going well with a good sense of community. I have some work there too. You can see it here.

I am not sure yet if I will move entirely to ipernity, stay with Flickr, or run both. So far, I am enjoying ipernity more. The standard of work is high and so far everyone is playing together nicely. If I permanently move to ipernity, I will completely revise the way I put my work online. I don't know what that means yet.

On another note: today a man approached an airline check-in desk in Launceston and ask for a ticket to Canberra so he could see the Prime Minister. He then produced some gun parts. Police were called and he is now helping them with their enquiries. The headline in the online Murdoch Press says: "Armed Man Who Wanted to See PM in Custody". That headline could use a comma, or a possible re-cast. Or then, maybe the headline writer was just expressing the inner thoughts of many of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home